“Apply yourself. Get all the education you can, but then . . . do something. Don’t just stand there, make it happen.”
Complete the online application
Students may apply for The Paula B. and Oliver W. Jones Family Foundation Scholarship if they meet the following eligibility criteria:
- The student must be in grades 10–12
- A certified copy of the most recent fall semester school transcript must accompany the application, demonstrating a grade 9-12 cumulative weighted G.P.A. of 3.5 or higher.
- A letter of recommendation from a current or former teacher, attesting to the applicant’s scholastic achievements and academic involvement must accompany the application.
- Other letters of recommendation are encouraged to support the applicant’s community involvement, outside interests, special talents, or volunteer activities.
An essay, no more than two pages written by the applicant focusing on all the following:
- Outside activities or community involvement
- Special recognitions, honors or awards
- Work or volunteer experiences
- What academic studies do you plan to pursue and why
- Challenges you have overcome that you want to share with us